Lucid Builder Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can have your Lucid key hosted or listed on Lucidcentral at no cost (free).
To facilitate this, please provide us with the following:
- Title of the key
- Author(s) details
- Brief description of the key – no more than one page
- An image representing the key for the listing
- Preferred key words for search index
- Optional – Google Analytics tracking code
- The key data, preferably in Builder format. This can be shared via a file service such as Dropbox or WeTransfer etc. (Zip the key data and share the download link).
Once the key has been lodged we will give you the URL for your key. You will have the opportunity to check over the listing prior to it being publicly listed.
Please submit these details via a new Support Ticket in the ‘My Account‘ dashboard.
Yes, the Lucid Player can run from a Hard Drive, USB, CD\DVD or a web server. If the key has been deployed via the Lucid Mobile Platform, then it can also run from Android and iOS devices.
Note: If a key author has posted a key via their web server, not as a downloadable file, then the key is set to run from the website. That is it won’t run off your hard drive or run while you don’t have an internet connection.
The key author may have also connected some or all of the keys media to a website(s), even though it maybe running from your hard hard, for example. In this case the key will operate from the hard drive without an internet connection, but the Internet based media will fail to load if you don’t have an Internet connection. If in doubt consult the key author on their keys configuration and requirements.
How to send your keys to others
As a key author you can either send your Builder formatted key to other collaborators; Or distribute your finished key to a website or colleagues. Below outlines what you need to package up for sending.
For either key format (compiled or uncompiled) we recommend Zipping the files into a single archive for ease of sharing the file either via a file sharing service or email, if small enough.
- Builder format (editable key – uncompiled)
Zip archive the following two items:
<key name folder>
- Deployed key (Web deployed (non-editable – compiled) – highly recommended as the end user requires no additional supporting software to use the key other than their web browser.)
Zip archive the following items, if sending to an individual. If posting to a website do not zip:
<key deployment name>.html <— Filename set via the deployment dialog (key title)
key <— Key folder
player <— Lucid Player folder
Yes, we now offer a 40% discount for students.
To qualify you must currently be studying at a recognised educational institution and have a valid educational based email address.
Please note: Student licences are non-transferable and non-upgradeable.
Use coupon code: Student40
Yes. See the System requirements FAQ for more details.
Question: Can I have my licence moved to another computer, if it crashes or I upgrade?
Answer: Yes, just lodge a support ticket at the help desk and we will reset your activation. This will allow you to re-activate again. There is no cost for this.
The Lucid Builder requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to work.
Java enables the Lucid Builder to run on any operating system that’s supports the JRE. E.g. Windows, OSX, Linux and Solaris.
There are two JRE’s to choose from:
- Oracle Java – Requires a licence, but free to download from https://www.java.com; Or;
- OpenJDK (Opensource edition of Java), free from https://adoptopenjdk.net/.
Tip: It’s normally best to download the latest edition.
Lucid requires very little memory and hard disk space, though your key data may require more!
- Hard drive space: 75MB
- RAM: 128MB
The actual space taken up may vary slightly depending on operating system and installed options.
If you need more specifics on supported operating systems, please check the preferred JRE website (as shown above) for their system requirements.
Note: Support is excluded for Internet Explorer, even though it should work (>= v8). If you are forced to use a Microsoft based browser, use Edge.
The Lucid Mobile Platform offers both Android and iOS native applications.
The minimum operating system requirements for your device are:
If you have a question about a product submit a support ticket via the ‘MY ACCOUNT’ page. Or if you need help or think you’ve found a problem with your product first check:
- That you have the latest Java Runtime Environment installed. See the System Requirements for more details on obtaining the Java Runtime Environment. and;
- That you have the latest software build available for your licence. We are always improving the software to keep it up to date with operating systems and to stamp out any bugs.
If after checking you’re up to date and you still are experiencing an issue, submit a support ticket via the ‘MY ACCOUNT’ page.
We normally try and respond to all support requests within one business day.
If you are experiencing a problem with a key hosted on website outside the scope of Lucidcentral.org, please if possible, contact the site owner first.