Search  

Please login to post into the forums. Remember - keep your posts friendly. 

Note: Identic Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove any material it considers inappropriate or offensive. Please report any undesirable posts or behaviour to support@lucidcentral.org.

If you have any direct support requests such as reactivation requests please use the help desk.

Login

HomeHomeLucid3 Discussi...Lucid3 Discussi...Building and us...Building and us...Can Lucidcentral.org host my key? If so, how much does it cost?Can Lucidcentral.org host my key? If so, how much does it cost?
Previous

Next
New Post
2/25/2009 9:51 AM

Hosting a publicly accessible key on Lucidcentral.org is free. You can have your key accessed over the Internet one of two ways.

1. Via the Applet Lucid Player - This would require each key users to have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed. This is free and available from www.java.com.
  2. Via our Lucid Key Server (preferred) - This does not require the JRE. Key users need only a web browser to access the key.

Either method can have an opening page that leads off to other content such as fact sheets and links back to the key.

For the key to be uploaded we need one of the following:

1. Builder files (Preferred)
Send us the Lucid Builder files of the key. This includes the key file (.lk3 or .lk4 file extension) and the corresponding key folder that has the same name as the key file.
    E.g.    My key.lk4    <--- Lucid Builder key file.
            My Key        <--- Key folder containing the media and key data.
This would allow us, if necessary, to upgrade or change deployment settings of the key.
  1. Lucid Applet Deployment
Deploy your key to an empty folder on your computer. Zip the contents of the folder and upload the key to us. See below for more information on getting us the key.
  1. Lucid Key Server Deployment
Export your key data in the Lucid Dataset format. E.g. From the menu "File...Export Key", Select the Lucid Dataset format from the File Type option in the Export dialog.
Zip the Lucid Dataset file and the keys Media folder for upload.

Uploading your key data
Ensure you have zipped your key files into a single zip archive before uploading. Then vist our key data upload page here. (Login Required)

Once the key has been uploaded contact the help desk with the details of the zip file uploaded along with any additional information needed for hosting your key.

Once staff have reviewed the contents of the key it will be posted to the site.

TipAs Lucid Builder owners you can also post information about your key in the Lucidcentral.org key list. (login required).

New Post
12/20/2010 6:55 AM

Dear Matt, I developed an interactive key, and is ready to be delivered over the internet, but unfortunately (even with username and password) can not access the information page to upload ("key date upload page here"). The following message appears when trying to enter the page: 'You Do not have access to view this tab Within the portal'. Please tell me how should I proceed to upload the data and publish the key site of Lucid.

I await a contact.

Maicon

New Post
3/15/2011 12:13 PM

Hi Matt!!!

I am using Lucid 3.3 free version. I would like to hosting my key in a publicly accessible web page, If I want to do that, I need to pay a license?

Thanks

Mariana

New Post
5/6/2015 8:00 PM

Hi Matt,

I want to upload a free publivly accessible key on the Lucid website but the key data upload page won't accept my login. Any ideas on how to sort this or if there are alternatives?

Cheers,

Steve

New Post
5/7/2015 8:26 AM

Hi Steve,

Sorry about that. The key upload page is "on hold" at the moment. There's been too many attempts on it via spammers and bots. Please use a file sharing service such as Dropbox for us to obtain the key files. Zip the key file and corresponding folder as one zip archive. Then share the ZIP as a direct download (via a URL), rather than sharing a folder. You can send the download URL via the help desk. Please also include details on:
  • Key title.
  • Brief description.
  • Author(s).
  • An image to represent the key in the listing module.
  • Indicate if you prefer the Java Applet Player, Key Server Player or both.
Cheers,

Matt.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLucid3 Discussi...Lucid3 Discussi...Building and us...Building and us...Can Lucidcentral.org host my key? If so, how much does it cost?Can Lucidcentral.org host my key? If so, how much does it cost?

Copyright 2017. All rights reserved. Identic Pty
Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement