Search  

Please login to post into the forums. Remember - keep your posts friendly. 

Note: Identic Pty Ltd reserves the right to remove any material it considers inappropriate or offensive. Please report any undesirable posts or behaviour to support@lucidcentral.org.

If you have any direct support requests such as reactivation requests please use the help desk.

Login

HomeHomeFact Sheet Fusi...Fact Sheet Fusi...Using Fact Shee...Using Fact Shee...Linking within a fact sheet or series of sheets within a single fileLinking within a fact sheet or series of sheets within a single file
Previous

Next
New Post
8/24/2011 1:15 PM

I am exploring using FSF to create pages for all the species in the Triticeae but statements in them need to be well documented - just as they would in a manuscript. I am hoping that using FSF will result in pages that have, or could easily be made to have, the identifiers and links that would enable thecomponent parts to be discovered by biodiversity informatic crawlers. So I was looking to insert bookmarks and put internal links within the file. 

There is an "insert bookmark" capability but I cannot figure out what one needs to put in it. What I want to be able to do is link from a topic such as description to a citation in the topic "sources" .  It would be even better if one could create a bibliography that could be shared between files for different genera. I suppose one could have all the genera in one file but it is easier to think in terms of smaller units.  

New Post
8/29/2011 5:24 PM

Hi Mary,

What you are describing is a Named Anchor. This can reference a section of content within the same page or another external page.

E.g.

To name a point within the content of a page:

<a href="#Section1">I am the start of section one</a> 

Or a hidden anchor tag

<a href="#Section1"></a>

To reference that named anchor within the same page you would do the following:

<a href="#Section1">Go to Section One</a>

To reference a named anchor in another page:

<a href="mypage.htm#Section1">Go to Section One</a>

OR

You could use the Glossary tool (it doesn't need to be called a glossary in the template - it's just a label). These items would be automatically linked if you name within your content. You can create a separate FSF database, populate the Glossary (bibliography in your case). Then when ready, import this into any other FSF database you wish.

Cheers,

Matt.

New Post
8/29/2011 8:20 PM

i rather like the FSF bibliography database approach. It would save entering the same references multiple times while building a resource that would be useful in itself. What I cannot quite envision is how one imports it into the descriptive database. Does one insert a reference to the new database and the citation (probably strung together) <ahref="FSFbibliography#Dewey1961">Dewey 1961<\a> then export them both to the same directory?  I shall try that later today - and send a success note if it seems to work. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeFact Sheet Fusi...Fact Sheet Fusi...Using Fact Shee...Using Fact Shee...Linking within a fact sheet or series of sheets within a single fileLinking within a fact sheet or series of sheets within a single file

Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. Identic Pty
Terms Of Use  Privacy Statement